datestamp Thursday, June 26, 2008

A whole lot of nothing...

Okay! I'm blogging! I'm blogging! There's just not much to report as of late. With YW's Camp over, things are winding down for the summer - yet at the same time, they're reving up! It's kind of interesting being here in Korea for nearly a year, and already I'm considered and "oldie". With PCS (aka 'Moving') season for us in the military world upon us, it's a sad time to see friends move on, and then so many new faces move into the community. So, this summer comes with a bunch of mixed feelings. I will truly miss those who I have gotten to know over this year (it seems like we've all known eachother an eternity) and with them all the best of luck where ever the military takes them and I pray that our paths will cross again (and to those awesome Young Women I have had the privilage to get to know over this past year who are moving...you know who you are...keep in touch!)!! And for those who are moving in to the Osan community, I say, "Welcome!" and "You're in for an experience of a lifetime! ;^)" And of course, I look forward to forming friendships with you all!

Anyway, so, as you can see, it's an interesting time of year! Over the last week and a half, my priority has been on my family. It was so nice to come home from camp and the very next day have absolutly nothing to do except play with Kami! So, we've been doing a lot of that. Playing. This is the last summer where it'll just be us and I feel a need to take advantage of that as much as I can! I've also been taking full advantage of date nights! I know that those will also be few and far between over this next year as well. At least with just Drew and I alone. Well, I guess you could say AJ already come along now, but, right now he's not so noisy! ;^) Anyway, it's nice to have people that love to watch Kami! I've babysat a few in my time where I just cringed when the parents called me to watch their child(ren) - caller ID would have been so useful to me back then! Anyway, I'm glad that Kami's not one of those kids that people don't like to be around (at least most of the time!).

I also went in for my 28 week check up yesterday! Other than I've already gained 22 lbs in this pregnacy, things seem to be going really well! I've got one more OB appointment here at Osan before I start going up to Seoul for my appointments. This pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly! It's so crazy! But, I'm excited to have AJ in our lives and can hardly wait until he arrives! I know Drew is counting down the years already to when he'll have a golfing buddy and I'm sure Kami's wondering when this AJ kid is going to come and play with his toys, ride in his carseat and swing in his swing! In the meantime, Kami's been putting his toys, carseat and swing to good use for her own dolls.

Anyway, as you can see, nothing too notable going on here! Sorry. You have to put up with my mindless ramblings! :^) Okay. I'm off! I'll take some picture for you all this week! I haven't done that in a while. I'll take some of Kami, but no laughing at her bangs. Cutting a two year olds bangs is pretty tricky business! :^)

7 comments:

Strommer Family said...

I love your mindless rambling, you know that..so you're posting for me if nobody else!! :) Anyway, on the bangs situation now think about cutting a 1 year old bangs...oh yeah Kyle's sporting those halfway up your forehead bangs!! He is just that sexy to pull it off!! ;)

Carol and Don said...

Thanks for the update...Aunt Linda and I are reading it together & I am showing her how to get into your blog so she can keep in touch also. Oh, Bangs! I remember cutting Pam's crooked and then trying to straighten them until I got scared and called my friend to help me straighten them...when she arrived she said "Well, you didn't leave me much to work with."...Poor Pam had prickly stubble sticking out for a few weeks until they grew out.

Carol and Don said...

Jess, I love the blue on brown background, but the black text on the brown is very hard for "old" eyes to read. Love ya, Mom

KCB said...

Yay! We're glad to know that you all are doing well. I was seriously getting ready to email you to give you a blogging nudge. :) I miss your posts! Give your belly pat from us and Kami a squeeze from her pal Charlee.

Jenna Marie said...

You're back, You're back! I'm glad to hear your mindless ramblings!The pictures from camp just weren't enough for me... :) although your girls look like so much fun.

Carol and Don said...

Thanks for the new text color. Much easier to read. Love Mom

Rachel said...

Ahaha! Amen on the bangs, sister! That's one reason why we're growing Charlotte's out. But then again, now we have to actually *do* her hair so her growing out bangs don't get in her eyes - which is another battle entirely :)

Love you tons!