This project actually began as I was pulling product for the Design Team of the Scrapbook Store that I work for. Trying to think of the perfect paper and embellishments to go with this 12 x 12" Melissa Frances Frame, I wondered over to the Basic Gray section of our store. I had purchased this paper myself as soon as it arrived in the store - I was immediatly drawn to the colors and the pattern. Very elegant, somewhat oriental. Anyway, as I began to pull this for the Design Team, I realized that I wanted to do this project. But, not only did I want to do this project I wanted to keep this project! So, I purchased the frame that evening and rushed home to complete this project! The picture was almost perfect for the project as well. The only problem being I took this self portrat on a landscape, instead of a portrat. So, after stretching the photo out a bit on my computer (I'm actually 8 months pregnant in this photo, though I look about 4 - if you can tell at all). I added the quote that I felt really represented this photograph: "True Strength is Delicate". For me, that about sums up my experience of spending 4 month of my pregnancy with the long-distance support of my husband, who is serving with the Air Force in the Middle East. It has been tough, but, I feel all the stronger for it. I hope, as I do with every deployment that my husband serves on, that I can go through it with grace and delicasy. I hope to be able to teach my children this strength as well.
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment