datestamp Monday, January 26, 2009

Skin Condition

So, last week was such a crazy week! I think I had something to go to and do every single day. The tricky part? Toting two kids along with me! Especially when one of them is having issues with listening. Argh.

Anyway.....in between all of these comings and goings, there was a spot on the side of AJ's face that had Drew and myself worried. So, we took him to the pediatrician (who is absolutely fabulous here). Turns out, he has some kind of Eczema. There are so many kiddos here with skin issues. It's so crazy. This weather is so harsh - very cold, very dry. So, poor AJ. He's got to be itching like crazy! We've been putting some medication on the sore on the side of his face, and the rest of his body is lathered in Vaseline most of the time! But, as you can see in these pictures, he's a pretty good sport! (the sore pictured is after a few treatments....it looks dramatically better than what it did!)


Also, check it; AJ started on his first 'solids' (aka, very runny Rice Cereal) and LOVES it! He takes me for loops all the time. Kami wasn't so much impressed with the Rice Cereal when we started her on it!

2 comments:

aje196 said...

Charlie definitely gets the winter time eczema thing, too. I used to think it was ring worm :P, but heavy duty lotion seems to help it a lot. Hope AJ's on the mend for you!

Carol and Don said...

Poor Baby! AND...I picked up a book today that will be perfect for Kami (it's about an elephant who has trouble listening...it is so cute I'm going to get one for Rachel's kids tomorrow. Tell Kami, Grandma is going to read her lots of stories (one of the Grandkids use to call me "the Book Grandma"; guess I'll keep that title. Love ya, Mom