Okay! Okay! A half marathon! Alright! Alright! A 5K......and I walked! But Drew DID run the half marathon this morning! And Kami and I walked the 5K for the 7th Annual OKC Memorial Marathon. We got up bright and early....we actually woke Kamden up for a change! Hahaha!
Anyway, it was a LOT of fun! It was so neat and emotional to see how many people came out! What was most touching for me was to see those people who had names pinned on their shirts of the people who they were running for and remembering today. Those who lost their lives in a senseless act of terrisom on a beautiful April morning 12 years ago.
So, Drew ran the half marathon in *we think* about 2 hours. Kamden and I finished the 5K Walk in about an hour! It was so funny, toward the end of the walk, we had the finishline in view and Kami started to get fussy. So, I was saying to her "Look, Kami! I can see the finish! We're almost done! We're almost done!" And with the saddest look on her face and her best pout, she looks at me and says, "A-Duh!" LOL! So funny! What a trooper! When we began the race, there were tons of people on the sidelines, of course, and because I had a stroller we were the last people to enter the course. And as we crossed the finish line there was one lady who yelled, "Yeah! Go Babies!" I thought that was pretty funny! I was laughing!
Anyway, here's some pictures of our morning!




13 years ago
2 comments:
Ooh, what a great thing! And I agree with that lady - Go Babies! :) AND ... is that Kami's Jojo dress? So cute! :D We miss you!
Yep! That's her Jojo dress....except we've never used it as a dress, just an extra long shirt with a white T underneath! I call it her "play" outfit!
Post a Comment