datestamp Friday, August 10, 2007

Annyong Hasayo!

Greetings from the Land of the Morning Calm! Yep, that's right, Kami and I finally made it to Korea! We arrived Monday night and have been busy every since! Not to mention trying to adjust to the drastic time change, new surroundings, climate, and culture. In fact, something different....I pulled up blogger here and it's all in Korean. Hmmm. I'm relying on my memory of which button does what! Since I really didn't have any prior knowledge of Korea, it's hard for me to say it was differnt that I had expected. That being said, I do have to admit, it's more beautiful than I thought it would be. There is lots of green, lots of hills, lots of water and right now, very, very hot and humid! We live in an apartment about a 5-10 minute car ride from base and about a 25-40 minute walk (we still haven't picked up our car, so we've been doing a lot of walking and taxi riding); so we're all getting our fair share of excercise. I'm hoping that necessity forms a habit! Okay! So, I'm hoping to post some pictures for you all soon! And for those of who you asked if I needed anything? If anybody want's to tape any Sesame Street episodes for us, that would be perfect! We're really missing our SS friends!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wondered when we'd be hearing from you! Congrats on your move--I hope it is wonderful for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it to Korea to be reunited with your honey! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about your adventures!

Shannon said...

I can't believe you're around the world! I'm glad you made it safely and I'm sure you're happy to be with Drew.

Can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

You noticed the first thing I did...how beautiful and green Korea is..Jess..you really will have the time of your life there. Kami is at the perfect age to explore and learn a new culture...Enjoythe country and record with pictures and writing. I love hearing about everything. Keep in touch. Ali

Rachel said...

Yay! We want pictures! We want pictures!

Alicia said...

Happy to hear you and your family are safe and sound. Enjoy the new culture!