datestamp Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Korea

Okay. We were driving home the other day and I had my camera in hand, so I thought you'd all like to see some random pictures of Korea! This one is from a tollway of what you'd typically see when you come to a city. Most of those buildings are apartments. So you see, lots and lots of peole live here!
This is at an intersection not too far from our apartment (in fact, I think those apartments are ones some friends from church live in). Paintings on the walls are seen everywhere and on this corner, there is usually always someone selling something...this time I think that's fruit. A random picture of a guy...not using the sidewalk; probably about to j-walk.
This sign always makes us laugh when we pass it. That's a realtor's office building! Get it? Also notice the cross. There are a ton of christian churches here in Korea, which really surprised me.
Okay! Straight ahead is our apartment buildings! Almost home! One thing about Korea and their driving is they have a philosophy of "me first". For example, we were at this very intersection the other day, probably about this far back, when a car came up behind us, then moved into the right lane and poked the nose of his car in the front of the line to turn left. When the light turned green (which, I'm sure if no other traffic were coming, he would have totally ran the red light, also not uncommon here. Okay, okay, yes! I've done it too! When in Rome, right?) he made his left turn from the right lane, totally cutting the rest of us off. The most interesting thing to me? Nobody cares.
This is a cute little "supermarket" just outside our apartments. It's been a life-saver those days I can't get to the base and I'm missing an ingredent! They also carry the shampoo/soap I like to use on Kami...the BX and commissary do not.
And here we are! Yay! We're home!

1 comments:

Carol and Don said...

Thanks for the tour! Can't believe you've participated in this driving pattern (I'm remembering how upset you've been when drivers passed you on the right). Be careful doing what the "Romans" do. Love you guys, Mom