datestamp Sunday, November 11, 2007

Admiral Yi's Shrine

On Saturday, one of the ROKAF (Republic of Korea Air Force) guys that works in Drew's office invited us and some others from Drew's work to go with him to visit a shrine about an hour's drive from here. The shrine is actually one of the homes of a Admiral Yi. "Who is Admiral Yi," you ask? Good question. After visiting the beautiful grounds and enjoying the sites, I came home and Googled him. Here's what I found: http://www.koreanhero.net/en/NationalHeroOfKorea.htm
Enjoy the reading! And enjoy the pictures! We had lots of fun finally getting out and seeing something other than city. And the colors were just awesome! This place has got to be fantastic in the spring! Also, don't be surprised if you find one of these pictures included in our holiday card, thanks to Warrent Officer Lee! ;^)






(I took this picture especially for my friend, Jennifer E., who thinks there are no Korean people in Korea....only 48,521,000....more Korean people pictures to come, Jennifer!)



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL--Alright, I get it, there are Korean people in Korea. (It just so happens that few are represented in your RS apparently.) Thanks for straightening me out. :)

BTW, loooove that first pic of Kami—gorgeous! Can I sense a scrapbook page coming on...? Speaking of scrapbook pages, why haven’t we seen any of yours lately? Sheesh, moving all the way around the world will really change a girl.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME photos! I LOVE the close up of the building!