datestamp Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Scrapbooking Hiatus Does Not Mean a Creative Hiatus

So, even though I may be taking a small break from scrapbooking, I wanted to show you all what I have been doing! I am addicted to covering frames! In fact, I just 7 of these frames to give the Young Women in our Branch at church for Young Women in Excellence.

I picked up these really ugly frames from the 1000 won ($1) store.....

..and made it look like this!

Our theme for YWIE was S.M.I.L.E. (Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal), and as part of our program I read a talk from Sister Dalton from last year's General Young Women Broadcast called, "It Shows in Your Face". In the talk, she reads this poem that I put in each frame for the girls:

You don't have to tell now you live each day; You don't have to tell if you work or play. A tried and true barometer stands in its place - You don't have to tell, it will show in your face. If you live close to God and His infinate grace - You won't have to tell, it will show in your face.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you can take something that may be considered "ugly" and make it BEAUTIFUL just by altering it! The imagination is such a wonderful thing!

Your frames turned out GREAT! I am sure everyone will love them.