In our seven plus years of marriage, I can only remember putting up a Christmas tree maybe twice. So, this year I was super excited to get a tree up! The only drawback, of course is that we didn't bring any Christmas decorations with us to Korea! We didn't even bring them to Oklahoma, since we were only going to be there a year. So, our Christmas decor has been a little sparse this year. When we went to the BX to buy our new ornaments, Drew found some purple ornaments that he liked, but I wasn't crazy about a purple tree....until I saw the lime green ornaments! Who needs the traditional red and green tree anyway, right? As you scroll down, you'll also see that the bottom part of our tree is dedicated to our sweet little daughter who loves to play with the ornaments, too! She's got a few Dora ornaments that she takes off to play with, and I made some purple yarn angels that she likes to take off, too!
Besides the Dora ornaments and the yarn angels, the only other unique ornament on the tree is this one:
I got this ornament at a gift exchange last week at our Officers' Spouses' Club activity. This uber talented and amazing woman hand painted this ornament and I am totally in love with it!
13 years ago
2 comments:
I don't think you have to have the traditional red & green colors at ALL! None of my trees are in those colors! The living room tree is purple, gold, and ivory. Most of the ornaments are crosses & angels. I love the color scheme. The peacock tree is done in teal and a topaz color. And the cardinal tree is more red and silver. SO GO FOR IT GIRLIE! I love the yarn angels!
Purple, because we celebrate His royalty...King of Kings...and Lime Green because...well, ...because it's beautiful! Mom
Post a Comment