datestamp Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baby Shower

I co-hosted a baby shower for a good friend of mine on Saturday as well! It was a LOT of fun and I hope Bernie had a fun time! We ate lots of ice cream, played a few games, watched a little bit of "Baby Mama" and chatted like crazy!

This was my contribution to the festivity:

Game Idea #1: Baby Shower Bingo - Come up with 24 (one FREE spot) different words that might be said and heard at a baby shower and make up enough *different* sheets for everybody attending. Pass the Bingo Cards to everyone as they come in the door, or when things get officially started. When you hear someone say one of the words on the sheet of paper, cross it off! First to get a Bingo wins!

Game Idea #2: I sewed up a bunch of drawstring bags, and put various baby items in each bag and numbered them. Pass the bag around the room and have the guests feel, shake, smell(?) the bags for clues as to what is inside, without opening the bag and looking. The person to guess the most correct wins.

Party Favor: Bernie's biggest craving throughout her pregnancy has been sweets, which is the reason for the "Ice Cream Sundae" Shower Theme. Each guest also left with a chocolate bar that says "How SWEET of you to come! Bernie's Baby Shower 4.11.09".

3 comments:

The Q's said...

Jess, you are AWESOME!!! I had SOOO much fun and ate SOOO much ice cream! What a special treat!:) You guys did such an amazing job organizing and decorating everything. The invitations are so cute and I love the theme. Thanks for making my baby shower one I'll never forget! LOVE YA bunches of oats!

Mindy, Tyler, and Kids said...

You are so creative! I have to remember a lot of the things you do so I can implement them to. :)

Jessie said...

You are so creative, Jess! Everything you do is so cute! Love your new blog look, by the way. :)