Hey Everyone! Not too much happening this week! Other than, Kami's started to walk! Wohoo! She took her first three steps a couple days ago, so we went out to the store and bought one of those toys that the baby can stand up and push to give her some practice with more walking. It's now her favorite toy! Although when she runs into things and gets stuck alot, which makes her mad. But, she doing better and better walking independantently everyday. It's amazing how fast babies pick up on this stuff.
Well, I thought I'd also share another Blog-worthy Recipe with you guys! This one I found in a Rachel Ray magazine a few months ago. The first time I made it, Drew was out of town and we had signed up for the Sister Missionaries to come to our house and eat. And of course since they are Sisters, I was able to keep the appointment and they were able to keep me company and join me for dinner for a couple hours! Anyway, they all loved the recipe, and it has since become a staple in our house! So, here you go! Enjoy!
Chicken and White Bean Stew
serving: 4
prep time: 10
cook time: 25 minutes
4 slices bacon, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pound red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 32-oz container (4 cups) chicken broth
1 whole rotisserie chicken
2 15.5-oz cans small white beans, rinsed
5 ounces arugula (5 cups) *I didn't know what "arugula" was, but in the picture it looked
like, so I subsituted fresh spinach instead*
salt and pepper
1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken; discard the skin and bones. Add the chicken and white beans to the stew and cook until heated through. Just before serving, stir in the arugula (or spinach) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
See? Super easy! I love it because it uses a rotisserie chicken, so you don't have the cook time for the chicken, making this an extreamly quick dish! Sourdough bread and salad go great with this soup. AND, it even tastes great after being frozen!
13 years ago
1 comments:
Jess! I have her Everyday magazine and it was in there! DELICIOUS! I wish we could be neighbors just once...let Kami teach Jonathan how to walk...heheh...love the video and hearing how well everyone is doing. Miss you!!! Ali
Post a Comment