So, tonight, as every night, I started Kami's bedtime routine with a bathtub. So, I put Kami in the tub and while it filled up, I though, I'd find some stickers that would go well with a scrapbook page I was working on. Found the stickers and then thought, well, I'll go ahead and just finish up this page. So, I finished up the page and I started thinking about some emails that I needed to write. So, I sat down on the computer here and wrote a couple emails. Then.....I hear Kami from the bathroom, "Uh-oh! My bathtub broken! Uh-oh! My bathtub broken!" I assumed she meant her little Elmo bathtub that has suction cups on it that she's always getting frustrated with. So, I did a few more things on the computer and she kept saying, "Uh-oh! My bathtub broken!" After a minute, I wobbled (because that's about all I do these days) to the bathroom to find that.....oops! I forgot to go back in and turn off her water! My brain cells are seriously zapping out by the second! This AJ better be one smart kid, because he's taking just about all of the brains I've got! :^) Aaaaand, here's a cute picture of Kami that I forgot (surprise, surprise) that I had taken!
On a totally seperate note......Sunday I get a call from friend Bernie, she was at the BX and what book to they have on their shelves??? Yep. You guessed it! So, she picked up a copy for me and Kami and I went to her house that night to pick it up from her. After putting Kami to bed, I stayed up until about 1AM reading. The next morning I got up about 5:30AM to keep reading. Kami woke up at 7AM and I got her ready for the day....then I kept reading and reading and reading and reading. Only stopping to switch out DVD's from Dora, to Elmo to Hi-5 for Kami as well as other necessities we needed to do that day. Tuesday I woke up early again and read through the AM finishing the book! Whew! 700+ pages in that amount of time....I think I just set a new record for me! Because so many of you are still reading, I won't say much more other than....I LOVED IT! Happy reading everyone! :^)
13 years ago
7 comments:
Don't you dare say a word about the book when I see you tomorrow...not a word friend, zip, zero, nada! I'm still waiting for Amazon to send my book. Augh! I should've grabbed an extra copy at the BX... Remember, not a word!:P Anywhooo, Kami is too cute. She's talking so much!
So I'm reading along and the furthur you get into your "accidental" overdose of water there....I am getting more and more worried that she seriously had gone under and stopped breathing...and well ok enough drama because then I thought that responsible mother Jessica would definitely not title the story of her daughter's drowning..."Ummm.OOPS"...because that would be very morbid and weird!! Nothing that my friend Jessica could ever be called!! ;)
I still haven't read the book. Can you believe it???I'm waiting for the last week of August when I'll have a break from school. *sigh*
Anyways, Kami is ADORABLE!!! Love the pics!
Oooo! Scarry!! Glad you were able to get your book...that reading marathon reminds me of your Work and the Glory marathon. Take care and give Kami a hug and kiss from Grandma...Love always, Mom
I bet all that water wasn't fun to clean up! Next time you will be running when you hear her say that her bathtub is broken. ROFL!
The pictures of Kami are adorable!
As you already know, I LOVED Breaking Dawn too! And, I kind of got the impression that we "might" be seeing some more books. Maybe, a spin off? I think there's another love "triangle" brewing. That alone, could be the basis for another book. LOL!
Hey Jess, I love your "spot"! The pictures of Kami are too cute!
~Tori
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that does that to my girls when I'm reading one of these books. I just finished today and I loved it too. Now I want to go back and reread all of them.
Post a Comment