datestamp Tuesday, October 31, 2006

4 Months and Counting.....

Kami had her 4 month doctors appointment yesterday! All went well and I survived the shots. Oh yeah, so did Kamden! ;^) No, really. The doctor said Kami looks great! And she said we could try and start her on solid food if we wanted to. I did this morning and she did okay. I think she was trying to just figure out what I had put in her mouth! But, I think she'll get the hang of it quickly enough. I've also been trying to give her a sippy cup with formula in it. She's figured out how to hold it and put it in her mouth - she's still working on sucking and tiping the cup up so that she can get the drink out. I've got some pictures in my camera that I've got to get developed of that. As soon as I do, I'll post them. And she got 4 shots yesterday. She did okay; at least she didn't throw up all over me, which is an improvement from the last time! She was very mad at the nurse who gave her the shots, though! It was really funny. As soon as she was done giving her the shots, I picked Kami up and she settled down a little, then looked at the nurse and got this really mad look on her face and started crying. So sad. Kami was a little sore yesterday, but I think more so today. She hasn't rolled over as much today and will cry for no reason and especially when you move her legs too much. Poor baby. She's so helpless. Riding around in the car today was the only thing that really seemed to calm her down.

I'm leaving Kamden with a sitter for the first time next week. Our Stake here in Oklahoma has a tradition here called "The Days of Thanksgiving", where members go to the temple in shifts doing various work and the temple has special hours where the open early and close late for the two days of this event. So, during RS a couple of weeks ago they passed around the time sheet for people to plan what they want to do and when, and I didn't even look at it before I passed it on to the next person because I figured with Kami, there'd be no way I could participate. Well, my Visiting Teaching companion saw me pass the time sheet on and offered to watch Kamden while I went to the temple! So, I'm going next thursday at 7:30 AM! I'm excited to go, but nervous with how Kami's going to be for Liz. I guess I shouldn't be. I won't be gone for that long and Liz is a very capable person. I'm sure they'll do fine.

That's about it from here! Things are going great and we're having fun here!

0 comments: