datestamp Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Working Out, Rolling Over and a Sunday Story!

Yesterday I went to the gym and took an aerobics class! Oh my! I haven't worked out in such a long time and felt like the biggest goof with my eyes glued to the instructor trying to do the moves! Not even half way through the class my face was bright red and I was exhausted! Thank goodness I'm resilient! But, I must say I was striped of pride and brought to total humility seeing old men twice my age in much better shape then me! Oh well, ya gotta start somewhere, right? It felt good to work out and have some time to myself without Kamden. Drew droped me off at the gym and took Kami grocery shopping. When class was over and I got back in the car, Drew told me that there were other husbands waiting in the parking lot for their wives. I laughed and said, "Yeah, it's all the other husbands who have to drop their wives at the gym to make sure they actually make it to the gym!" Were I to drive myself, the mall would have been a tempting deture!

Also, some fun news! Kami started rolling over from her back to her tummy last night! She'd been working on it for about a week now! We're so proud! Only problem is, she hasn't quite figured out how to go from tummy to back. So, she gets frustrated when she realizes she just gave herself tummy time. Then she gives you the look like, "What did you do that for, mom??"! Oh well, I'm sure she'll figure it out soon enough.

And as for my Sunday Story, this is par for the course for our ward here in OKC! The RS President announced during Relief Society that there was a new sister that just moved into the ward, who just had a baby and her husband is gone alot with the military. So, the RS President asked people to sign up to bring meals to this sister for the next couple of weeks. Knowing what it's like to be in her shoes, I waited for the sign up sheet to get around to me. By the end of RS it never made it my way. So, I approched the RS President after our meeting and inquired about the sign up sheet. She said she wasn't sure what happened to it and she'd ask the Compasionate Service person about it and get back to me. That night I got an email from our RS President. Apparently, the sign up sheet didn't even make it past the first row before it was full!! Crazy, huh? I've never been in a ward where you have to be the first one to sign up to provide service! I thought that was pretty great.

In other news, I listed my first item for sale on ebay! I've never done this before so I'm a little nervous. Which is why I've only listed ONE item. I'll see how things go with this one before I add more to ebay.

And here are some random pictures of Kami the last couple of days. The first one Drew was giving her "rides" around the apartment in a box. The second is the best of the attempted photo shoot I did for Kami's first halloween. She didn't cooperate very well yesterday, so I figure I'd try again another day and see if I can get any better!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how fun! Charlotte got rides in a box the other day, too. :) What a great Halloween photo, too. Reminds me to get some of Charlotte this year. I was too tired last year - and we even dressed up! (Hm ... maybe that's why I was so tired.)

I can't believe how much Kami has changed *already* since we saw her just a few weeks ago! She just gets cuter and cuter, too. Yay!

rkfritch said...

Wow, seeing you and Rachel with your babies brought tears to my eyes. Time goes by to fast. What a wondrous time in your lives. I am happy for you and very proud. you have always been amazing. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Love you. B

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Tummy rolls and box rides!!!

She has grown so much --I love being able to see all of you.

Have a great week, Jess :-) Ali