datestamp Saturday, October 07, 2006

Yummy!

Since I've been nursing Kami, I've been discovering the foods that do and do not upset her stomach. Chocolate and Ice-cream are among the few that make her mad. So, I've been looking for other alternatives to satisfy my sweet tooth and found this really good recipe in a BHG:Eat Magazine. I've made them a couple times and are among my favorite! Enjoy!

Spiced Apple Drops:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg
1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped apple, peeled if desired
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In a bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds
  2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. Bean until combined. Beat in the egg and apple juice until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour, apple and walnuts.
  3. Drop dough by the rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely. Spread with Apple Frosting.

Apple Frosting

In a medium mixing bowl, beat 4 cups powered sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 4 to 5 tablespoons apple juice to make a frosting of spreading consistency.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...wish us luck! Jonathan and I will try these tomorrow. I love your blog, Jess! A.

Rachel said...

Ooh, the recipe! I love love love these cookies. Thanks for making them for us!

Jessica said...

Ali, how'd it turn out????

Anonymous said...

They were DELCIOUS!! Both batches LOL The boys want more...Loving this blog Jess!!

Anonymous said...

um....DELCIOUS is spanish for DELICIOUS. LOL ;-)