Hey Everybody! I can hardly believe this week has gone by so quickly! Crazy how time can fly you by! Anyway, first and foremost......GO CARDS!!! Wahoo! They won the World Series last night beating Detroit 4 to 2! Too bad I fell asleep! Ooops! Yep, I'll admit it, I fell asleep at about the 7th inning. I told Drew to come and wake me up when the Cardinals got closer to winning, and I did recall him coming into our bedroom at one point in time telling me that they had scored another point, and I mumbled something like, "yeah! go cards!" Zzzzzzzzzzzzz! Oh well, what can ya do?
On another note, Drew and I got callings in our ward this week. Drew is the assistant Cub Master to the 2 Cubs we have in our ward (I guess they are combining with another ward) and I've been called to the Relief Society Board as....LOL...I can't even think about this without laughing.....The Birthday Card/Birthday Specialist! Ahahaha! Isn't that funny??? Of course I accepted the calling with a laugh and a "of course I'll do that!". To back up about a month ago, the Relief Society had asked the sisters at church if anybody would be willing to make birthday cards, to make them up and bring them in. So, I though that would be fun to make some up and it would be an easy, creative thing to do while tending to Kami. So, I did up about 25 or so and brought them to the RS President. Fast forward to this week and I've been called to to do that as an official calling!
ANYWAY, here are some pictures of Kami that I just got developed from my camera. Sorry it's pretty grainy. I think the film is bad. But, I thought they turned out pretty cute despite that. The first and third picture she's playing on her play mat. The middle picture is her in the bath. She's got a pretty bad case of "Cradle Cap", so I had put some Baby Oil on her head and we had fun playing with her hair in the bath!


So, our ward also had their Halloween Party last night and Drew and I (ahem, I) entered the White Chicken Chili in the Chili Contest and won 3rd Place! Not bad, considering there were about 15 pots of Chili on the table! Here's or ribbon to prove it:
Want the recipe? Here you go! It's actually originally derived from a Pampered Chef recipe, but I've made it so many times I put my own twists in now and then.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 pieces)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans Northern White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bottle Salsa Verde (I usually buy medium)
- 1 can green chilis (a small can will do), chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas (I like the "Mission" White Corn Tortillas), grated or broken into small pieces
- 1-2 cloves of garlic or 1-2 teaspoons of the bottled garlic
- ground cumin
- 1/2 onion (optional), chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and mix with ground cumin, just until chicken is coated. Cook chicken in a pot. Add garlic, green pepper and green chilis (and optional onion). Saute with chicken. Next add beans and chicken broth. Mix well. Then add your grated tortillas, this will thicken the chili. Carefully add the greater part of your Salsa Verde (depending on how big the bottle is and how hot you want it, you can potentially add the whole bottle). Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the green pepper/onion are tender. Add in sniped cilantro to taste. Serve with tortilla chips! See? Very easy and award winning! ;^)
1 comments:
Very easy, award winning and very I'm SO going to make this Friday night for the party. I miss you!!! Love your blog. It keeps me close. Kami is growing so much and the pics are precious. I'm rambling ---oh and your calling is perfect! Love, Ali
Post a Comment