datestamp Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Burning Question on Everyone's Mind....

Okay, I've gotten so many email from different people, I don't even remember who has asked the question and who I've answered. So, I thought this an appropriate place to reveal how we came up with the name AJ so quickly, does it stand for anything and if so, what.

I think almost every couple before they get married, thinks and talks about having kids (if you are engaged and haven't discussed this.....I really think you should, by the way!), right? Well, when Drew and I were engaged and even years into our marriage, we not only talked about kids, we tossed around name ideas, too. Here's the list of names that both did and did not make the cut: Kamden Renee, Savannah Nicole (anyone seen the movie 'Savannah Smiles'? it was my favorite when I was a kid - that's where this name came from), AJ, Donavan Anton. I also liked Malory Rae (*wink at my sister!*), but Drew wasn't a fan of the name Malory. :^(

How did we decide on AJ so quickly? Drew's best friend in college was named Donavan, but went by Donny. I quickly nixed the 'Donny' idea. No offense to my father and brother who share the name Donald or Don. I've just never been a Donny fan. I would want him called by his full name and no other nicknames. But with a name like Donavan, there's too much temptation for other people to use the nicknames. Anyway...long story there. Sorry. So, AJ it was!

Does AJ stand for anything? It absolutely does! His full name will be Andrew Jerome; after Drew and Drew's dad! So, I was thinking one day of something that would be a cool family tradition. So, Drew's full name is Andrew Peter (Peter after his grandpa), our baby is named Andrew Jerome (Jerome after his grandpa), so, wouldn't it be cool if AJ grew up, got married, had a baby boy and named him *fill-in-the-blank* Andrew (after his grandpa) and so on and so on? I guess it's really not for me to decide that, but I thought it would be cool. Do you hear me future generation???? ;^)

So. There you all go. You are now all the wiser! Now...I'm going to bed, because I'm really starting to do some crazy blogging here! LOL!

0 comments: