Okay, first of all, I have to admit. I'm not as creative as you all think me to be. That's right, the word is finally out; I'm a copycat. I was even telling the Sisters in an Enrichment Lesson that I gave on Scrapbooking a few weeks ago, 90% of the work I do in my scrapbooks I have recieved direct inspiration from sombody else. Sometimes my creations end up looking simalar to those I mark in the magazines, and sometimes they turn out completely different.
So. Okay. A few months ago, I stumbled upon this super-ultra-cool-holy-cow-is-this-lady-creative-blog. She taught YW's in a ward in California and always had the cutest handouts that would sometimes work with what I was wanting to get across to the girls. Unfortunatly for me and I'm sure the many other people who checked out her blog for lesson ideas and inspiration, she moved from her ward and no longer teaches in the YW's. :^( So, for nastalgia's sake, I check her blog now and again (and hoping that her new ward will also call her into the YW's program!). Then I had the thought. Ya know, I'm not too shabby when it comes to computer stuff, I wonder if I can sort of create my own lesson handouts using direct inspiration from her handouts. So, I gave it a shot this week, and it turns out, I think I did a pretty good job of creating something that she might have created herself. For those who want to check out all the other cool projects this sister creates, here's her blogsite: http://www.angbrimwil.blogspot.com/ .There. Now that that's out there, I thought I'd post the lesson handout I created for YW's this week:
I am also notorious for including Personal Progress Worksheets (again, not my idea, but I did spruce up what someone already created quite a bit!), in my lessons. I really love this idea because I feel that it really shows the girls that both what we talk about in church on Sunday and what they are working on on their own really goes hand in hand. I look back at my own Young Women's experience, and as fantastic as what it was, I always felt that the Sunday YW's at the Personal Progress Program were two different things. Sometimes we'd work on PP during weeknight activities, but never do I remember them being talked about in church on Sunday. My goal is for these young women to leave church on Sunday wanting to know more; and more for themselves. In steps the Personal Progress Program. Okay, so I'm not sure if my theory really works, but, it's worth a try! Maybe sometimes, some of them go home and complete a PP Value Experience. :^)


2 comments:
Jessica!
I think your worksheets turned out GREAT!
And for the record! You ARE one creative girl! I know! I have seen bunches of the stuff you have created!
I am going to give this lesson tomorrow in YW and I saw your post on Sugardoodle. I love the purple scalloped paper you used with the orange i inside it and the cute tags to along with it. I am totally using your ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Karin from
www.thestylesisters.blogpsot.com
Post a Comment