datestamp Monday, May 19, 2008

Potty Training Blues

Okay. I think I must be the worst mom out there when it comes to potty training. I know so many moms I talk to would love to have their two-year old potty trained. But, for some reason I'm the one resisting this next step to toddlerhood. Kami's all sorts of ready to go. At first she would just tell me when she went potty in her diaper. So, I put off any potty training (except for putting her on the potty before a bath) because she couldn't tell me when she had to go potty. Then, she started taking off her diaper. Argh. So, we switched to pull-ups. But, she still would only tell me when she went, and not when she needed to go. NOW, she's not only taking her pull-ups off, I think she's also telling me when she has to go potty. Like today, I put her down for a nap and all of the sudden I hear her say, "N da Toy-et, N da Toy-et" over and over again. I ignored her because I figured she was just telling me that she went potty in her diaper again. A few minutes later, she was still saying "N da Toy-et", so I went to check on her. She had taken her pull-up off and had gone potty in her bed! And again, tonight, she pulled her pull-up off and said, "Sitz Toy-et, Sitz Toy-et"; me, being just lazy, kind of said, "yeah, yeah, yeah" and didn't hurry to help her on the pot. When I finally did, she was standing by the potty and the floor was wet! Poor Kami!!! I think I'm going to have to finally break down and go to the store tomorrow and buy her some big-kid panties. Maybe I'll have a little more energy when Drew's home the end of this week, too. But, either way, I think Kami's ready to be out of her diapers and pull-ups. With or without mommy being ready!

1 comments:

Alison said...

Jonathan is doing the same thing, and of course I stand back thinking oh how cute...he's "imitating" his brothers until I realize there is a puddle on the floor. When they are ready, they are ready. He's very curious but hasn't made the connection between saying he has to go and saying he's already gone. He is constantly pulling off his diaper and bringing me new ones. Pull ups are a great idea Jess. I didn't think of that. Good luck sweetie.