So, I know I keep saying at each stage in Kami's life that each stage is my favorite (minus the "NO!'s", throwing things and tantrums). But, I think I'm really loving this stage in her life when she is learning so many words (some I didn't even know she knew!) and being able to hold a pretty good (I think) conversation with me. One of my favorites from yesterday went like this:
We were driving home from the base and I started talking about Kami's friends. So I said to her:
Me: Kami, you have so many friends here, let's try and list them all!
Kami: Ha-ee.
Me: Yep. Hailey.
Me: Harley.
Kami: Har-ee.
Me: Let's see. Charlee.
Kami: Cha-ee.
Kami: Pocher.
Me: Chopper?
Kami: Yes.
So, Chopper is our friends dog. Sure! He can be Kami's friend, too, right?
She's also on the verge on potty training (we've had a number of successes), since she's telling us when she's going potty. Here's how that conversation usually goes:
Kami: Phee-you!
Me: Did you go potty?
Kami: Yes! N da toi-yet. (pointing to her diaper)
I'm trying to get her to tell me when she needs to go, instead of when she's going/or went. I'm also working with her on knowing the difference between her diaper and the toilet.
And, I couple of my favorite things she says:
"Mommy ca-ee you?" (aka, Mommy hold/carry me?)
"He fu-nee" (usually says this about Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street)
I never realized what a challange motherhood could be. And after a long, long day it all becomes worth it when for no reason at all, your child come up to you, gives you a great big hug and says, "MOMMY!!" Even after you've kind of been a meanie. I am amazed at the unconditional love Kami has. I feel lessons learned almost every day that I'm around her.
13 years ago
1 comments:
Thanks for the update...and welcome to the amazing discoveries of motherhood...now you know why I thought it was worth it to go through the process eight times. I'm so glad my girls are wise enough to enjoy the ride and not fret over the bumps in the road. Just remember, they will go where you steer them (at least most of the time). I loved talking with Kami on Mother's Day, thanks for the call. Love, Mom
Post a Comment