I was talking to my sister on the phone the other day and she said I needed to update my blog with more pictures. So Rachel, here you are! Here's some pictures of my babies that I have taken over the last couple of days!
Today AJ is officially 3 weeks old! Wow! I know he's still so new, but I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! I've hardly noticed the time going by with all of the diaper changes, clothing changes (the kids and mine!), feedings, etc. I must say though, I LOVE being a mom! And I LOVE the way I'm feeling this time around! I had such a hard time my first time around with Postpartum Depression and it's such a huge difference right now! I can actually sit back, watch my kids and think, "Wow! This is fantastic!" Anyway, I'm doing great! AJ is such a fun baby to have around. He nurses super well and sleeps a lot (at least right now he does anyway!). He gets a little fussy at night, but nothing the baby swing won't settle. And Kami absolutely adores him! It's been so much fun to see her as the big sister. She is such a huge help!
Okay. Totally off topic. But, I've got a funny story that I've been laughing at all day long. So, this morning I get the kids ready and out the door to go to our Breastfeeding Support Group Meeting (I was actually early! Woohoo!) at my friend Anna's house on base. I stop at the gate and hand my ID card to the guard, who says to me, "Wow! It smells really good in there!" A little taken off guard, I'm thinking quickly at what on earth he could be smelling. I did take a shower that morning and did actually remember to put my deodorant on. Still thinking quickly, I think of the kids in the back seat. They are clean, but I didn't think they were particularly overfull (is that a word? well, it is now.). I did make cookies last night to bring to BFSG, but they were in an air-tight container, so it couldn't be that. So the guard finishes scanning my ID card and I'm about to drive away and I couldn't resist asking. "Um. What does my car smell like?" He paused for a minute to think and then satisfied with his conclusion he says, "It smells like....laundry detergent." AAAAAHHH! One advantage of keeping laundry detergent in the back of your car (we take our laundry on base every week). Anyway, that was so random, I thought is was pretty funny.
Alright. I'm off to get Miss No-Nap Kami to bed!
5 comments:
Once again, Jess, your kids are adorable!! It's so fun to see more pics! What a funny story about the smell in your car. Maybe the men on base don't have as nice smelling detergent as you? :)
Woohoo! Updates. I looove the pics of AJ and Kami. They are just too precious. I'm glad you're feeling wonderful and that you get to enjoy the "newness" of it all. Gosh, you're making me think that *I* can handle a second kiddo...Hugs to you! Karen
Now the question is if you are STILL doing the laundry on base every week while Drew is gone and you're by yourself with two babies!! If you need any help in any way please let me know!! You sound like you're doing wonderfully and need nothing from anybody....totally self-sufficient, little miss independent BUT if you do need anything anytime please let me know!! ;)
Yaay, photos! Your babies are just beautiful. And I'm so glad you're loving the wonderful world of 2!
Hm ... maybe I should keep detergent in my trunk - I guarantee my car doesn't smell anywhere near nice. :P
Cute pictures Jessica. Pretty impressive that you can get them taken while being a single mom. Good on you, and way to skip the Air Show. I did too for the same reason. Some things aren't worth trying to do without a husband. :)
Post a Comment