We had the most amazing Young Women 'New Beginnings' last night! The two oldest Young Women in our branch organized everything for it and I am so increadably impressed with the work that they put into taking on this huge responsibility! Each one of the girls presented a value and explained how that value brought out the beauty within themselves, which was the theme for the night "Beauty Within". They also invited a super cute sister in our ward as a guest speaker (actually, it was my friend, Erin who spoke) and she gave the most awesome talk! And one of the members of the Branch Presidency, who happens to be one of the girls dads, also spoke. I am so impressed with the spirit that was there at the chapel last night and am so greatful for the opportunity I have to serve in the Young Women's.
So, I was in charge of the decorations last night. I had made these super cool triange flags, each one holding the YW's pictures. I made two for each girl. One smiley pose and another, goofy. I had also gone up to the Flower Market on Monday in Seoul (pictures of that coming soon!) and bought vases and a bouquet of gerber daisy's for each of the Young Women. Each boquet was a different color with the exception of one, which was different color than all the rest in the boquet and stood higher than the rest and had a ribbon attached to it that said, "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful". I brought my camera to New Beginnings last night with every intention of taking pictures of the event. By the end of the night, I realized that my camera went untouched! Opportunity totally past! Awe well.
But, I wanted to show you some of the pictures that were inside the triangle flags. So, I hope my Young Women (and counselors) don't totally hate me for this, but, here are six of the most awesome, most beautiful, most spiritual Young Women I know:
And the most amazing and wonderful women I know:
13 years ago
2 comments:
AWESOME! Wish you had gotten some pictures, but I know how that goes...I am so glad you are having this experience. "New Beginnings"...I'm sure these are new beginnings for you, too. And, how great to focus on the "Beauty Within" (we would all be happier if we remembered to do that). Remember, you are one of the most beautiful and awsome women I know. Love ya, Mom
Hey- I'm sure it looked amazing-knowing you!! How is everything going?
Post a Comment