Okay, so you know those people who say how it's not good to make your kids eat their food?
Well, "those people" must not have met my daughter. I cannot even count how many times I hear the words, "...but...I'm VERY hungry!" throughout the day (don't believe me? ask my mom!). And I why is she VERY hungry? Okay, most of the time it's because she's tired and fighting sleep (I won't go into that one on this rant), but then there are times like this morning when I make healthy eggs, peel a tangerine and fill up her cup with milk, she'll do a once over searching - I know - for anything with sugar in it, and then decides she's not very hungry right now.
So, this morning after she did that I did the unthinkable. I wouldn't let her out of her chair until everything on her plate and in her cup was in her stomach. *gasp* I know, I know! BUT, now I don't expect to hear the words, "...but...I'm VERY hungry" quite so much today. Or at least this morning.
Rant over.
13 years ago
3 comments:
Ah, bummer! I hate food battles. I usually just serve it to them for the next meal if they don't eat anything. Or - especially at bedtime - just say "Sorry, maybe tomorrow you'll make a better choice and eat your dinner." Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, though, ya know? Good luck!
Haha, I don't know "Rachel", but she and I think alike. And if they don't eat their dinner, I cut out snacktime the next day to ensure a hungry tummy come dinnertime ;)
...but...but...I'm REALLY missing that VERY hungry girl. She'll try your patience one way or another...but...but...you're a VERY patient mother...but...but...VERY patient mothers get VERY tired of the same battles day after day...but...but...she'll grow up healthy and if she's like her grandma she'll soon be wishing everything didn't taste so darn tempting. Love you guys, Mom
Post a Comment