datestamp Thursday, March 12, 2009

Walking Already?

Seriously. Can 6 month olds walk? I swear they can. At least mine can. I'm almost sure.

I've been trying so hard to get AJ to sleep in his own crib in his own room for the last few weeks. We've gotten to the point where he falls asleep in his crib, but, each morning I find him in bed with me! Okay, I'll admit it. He cries at night, and I go in and get him (because I'm just too lazy to sit in the rocking chair and rock him back to sleep) and then I'll never bring him back to his own bed.

BUT sometimes.....I honestly have no recollection of him crying or me getting up in the middle of the night and bringing him back to bed. But, yet, I wake up and there he is....sound asleep right next to me in my bed! This is where I'm pretty sure he wakes up, climbs out of his crib and walks the short hallway to my bedroom, climbs up in my bed and falls back asleep.

Okay, now that I've just written it out, that seems a little creepy to me. A 6 month old that can walk? That kind of freaks me out. Now I'm pretty sure it's me. I'm the one who probably subconsciously hears him, not really awake myself make the trip to his room and bring him back with me. A mom that sleep walks? That's pretty creepy too! Now I'm pretty sure no one's going to want to stay the night at our house! Weird things happen at night! Muahahaha!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't worry, the exact same thing happened to me all the time - with both kids! I'll take sleepwalking over sitting awake in the rocking chair at some wicked-ugly hour any day of the week, though.

Jessie said...

Hahaha! Too funny. I think I've only done that once. :) I agree with Rachel, though. Sleepwalking is much better than being up all night with sad babies. Even if it does creep you out, it makes for a happier mommy in the morning if you've gotten your sleep! :)