datestamp Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July weekend! We spent ours at a Branch Picnic on base at the park and had a great time visiting with friends....and Kami especially loved the unlimited access to the slides at the park! Any day she can go on the slide is a good day! By the time we got home, Kami was alseep in her car seat, and slept for about 3 hours that day! Which gave Drew and I some much needed nap time, too! :^) The rest of the day we just relaxed around the house and went out to dinner - Mexican food. That's American, right? ;^)

Okay. A word about the hair. Yes - that is my nautral curl, when the weather is extreamly humid, as it is here (check out my face, you can totally tell I'm sweating!). The first time it was humid and my hair went curly (with the help of a defuser and a little sprunching) was a Sunday a few weeks ago. Drew had meetings all morning, and I had one right after him before church. So, we didn't see each other at all that morning with our crazy schedule. All during church, everyone was complimenting me on my hair and how much they liked it curly. So, on the way home from church, one of our conversations went something like this:

Me: So. Drew. Everybody at church today said that they really liked my hair! But, I've noticed you haven't said anything about it yet. What do you think?
*Pause*
Me: Uh oh. You don't like it.
Drew: I'm more of a straight hair kind of guy. In fact, I wasn't going to say anything, but, thought you forgot to do your hair before your meeting.
Me: *hahahahahahahahaha!*

I'm so glad my husband thinks so highly of me! ;^) Good thing I know he loves me no matter if my hair is straight/curly, done/undone! Love you, too, babe! ;^)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I didn't notice you had a blog! I'm glad to see you do! Cute!! Love to see those pics!

KCB said...

Cuuuute pics! And I am totally digging the wavy/curly hair! I sooo wish mine had a little more life to it. You all look fabulous. :)