Attention Activity: 'Peanuts vs. Snickers Bar' (This wasn't my idea, but it was the perfect idea! Click on the link for the full description.)
- As a class, come up with a list of worthy goals. ie, temple marriage, graduating college, graduating seminary, serving a mission, fasting on fast Sunday,etc.
- Each class member then thinks of one goal.
- Hand the YW 3 peanuts in the shell. This represents things we are willing to give up in order to get the thing we desire.
- Each YW states 3 things they would give up in order to obain their goal, and puts one peanut back for each statement.
- Ask - What is the definition of 'Sacrifice'? (Giving up something of value for something that is worth more.)
- Hand each YW a Snickers Bar and ask if any wanted to exchange back their candy for the 3 peanuts.
My favorite quote I used in this lesson is actually printed on the reverse side of the "Sacrifice" Bar. It says:
"It is not a sacrifice to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is never a sacrifice when you get back more than you give. It is an investment...a greater investment than any...Its dividends are eternal and everlasting" (Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley, 567-68)
4 comments:
Jessica, Thank you so much for your awesome lesson ideas. You have helped me so much with my lessons lately! Keep it up. I am so grateful.
p.s. I found you on Sugardoodle:)
Jessica,...I'm teaching next week, Lesson 29. Please tell me that you are going to have some helps! :) I don't know what I would do without your stuff. The Personal Progress handouts are amazing! They have really helped out my girls!
Thank you so much for your lesson ideas. I'm going to teach this lesson on Sunday and I noticed you posted your lesson idea on sugar doodle as well, you talked about quotes from Elder M. Russell Ballard "The Law of Sacrifice" Ensign October 1998, 7) which quotes were they? also where did you get the story about the violin? Thank you so much for everything. e-mail addres
dianahill2002@yahoo.com
Post a Comment