Okay. Okay. I have a huge confession to make! First of all, for all those 1st time moms to 2 year-olds.....mouths beware! They will pick up on anything and everything. Even when you think they weren't listening to you....they were!
So. I never thought it would be from my precious lips that my daughter would learn her first bad word (Drew has a much worse potty mouth than I do...sorry babe, but, ya do!). So, anyway last night I was folding laundry as Kami was playing with one of her new toys she got for her birthday, in which, this said toy had some markers inside it that I hadn't yet taken out. Well, Kami beat me to the taking out bit, so when I looked up at the sound of "Uh, oh!", there was Kami sitting on the couch with the inside of the marker in one hand and the color orange dripping from either side of her mouth. Apparently, she had tried the new technique of bitting crayons with the inside of her orange marker. Anyway...my reaction....I'm ashamed to say, was mumbling under my breath, "Oh 'shoot'"; but not so much the 'shoot' part. So. Now randomly through the day. Kami will remember her new phrase and repeat, proudly, what her mommy taught her!
So, for those church going folk, if you hear my daughter curse in the middle of sacrament meeting, know that I apologize now ten-fold! And please. Tell me I'm not the only LDS mom to make this mistake! ;^)
13 years ago
6 comments:
I think this is great! I can't wait to hear her yell it in sacrament meeting. And.....do we need to put soap on YOUR tongue?
Please tell me it wasn't my gift!! I'm sorry if it was....:( (well kinda but it is funny too!!)
Don't you love it? My daughter often says "I'm freaking out right now" and she did learn that from me...
But here's one better - a former Personal Progress advisor was late to an activity and the girls were waiting and she dropped a bunch of stuff. Well, they were ALL listening when she said her "oh, shoot" bit. And this was in the church. She was very embarrassed and the YW a little shocked :)
Don’t panic!
You know, with kids, I’m thinking probably the desensitization to swearing is what would be worse (as in them hearing it all the time that they don’t think anything of it.)
But I’ll be open with you. I’m not 100% holy when it's just the fencepost listening, but I do try hard to be so careful in front of my kids. NONETHELESS … In the last month my 5-year-old has heard me say “shoot” for the first time (and then the second and third times, unfortunately.) Twice in the toe-stubbing sort of way… one other time when I was furious and in the heat of the moment said “Pick up this ‘shoot’! Right this minute!”
Yes, and I’m LDS.
And I repent!
(So don't feel like you're the only one.)
Haha... This made me laugh. Luckily, I came to this realization that he's starting to copy everything and hear everything even if I THINK he's in his own world, with "oh crap". haha. At least I got a warning before something else came out. haha. Totally understand though! Don't feel bad! It happens to every mother I think! BTW, Happy Birthday to Kami!! Her party looks like so much fun!
You are so not alone in thinking your kids don't hear the bad stuff! My husband has a bad habit of saying he's pissed off, which 6 year old Caroline has repeated many times. Thankfully, she has not repeated this in church ... yet... to my knowledge! And the other day Caroline was looking at something perplexing and said, loudly, by an open window, "what the hell?!" That one was my fault! D'oh! So, no, you are NOT the only one!
Post a Comment