ATTENTION GETTER
Give each YW a blank card and a pencil with no eraser and have them copy the quote from Spencer W. Kimball as you write it on the board. Make sure to pause after each statement so that they all have it written down incorrectly! :^)
- "Where is never a day" = "There is never a day"
- "in one man's life" = "in any man's life"
- "when repentance is essential" = "when repentance is not essential"
- "to his well-being or eternal progression." = "to his well-being and eternal progress."
Q: Are you happy with your handout? What would have made copying the quote down easier/better?
A: An eraser would have made copying the quote easier and less messy. Our mistakes in life don't have to be permanent or messy. Because or Heavenly Father loves each of us and wants us to succeed and be happy, He gave us the opportunity of repentance, made possible by our brother, Jesus Christ through his Atonement. By repenting, like using an eraser, our slate can be wiped clean and we can have a clean conscience and a new start.
STORY
Instead of using the story outlined in the manual, I adapted the story, The Girl in the Mirror from the 2005 August 'New Era'.
16 comments:
You are just absolutely too cute and dedicated!! Your Young Women are SO totally lucky to have you as an advisor/friend/just all around cutey-patootey of a person!! ;) See you tomorrow!!
This is adorable--I can't believe I stumbled on to this blog. do you have your lesson and or handout posted on sugardoodle? I just got called as the advisor for all three groups. Blogging is new to me. is there a way to email you?
sorry forgot to check that you can e-mail me.
I just found your hand outs on sugardoodle and I love them!!! But for some reason I can't print them off. Whenever I save them and open them they are all messed up and you can't even read all the writing! I'm so upset! Please let me know if there is anything I can do! You can e-mail me at camillesherrill@yahoo.com THANKS!
Purlygirl, Yay! Welcome to the world of teaching YW! When I was first called as the YW President in or Branch, I was terrified! But, as I've gotten to know the girls and have become friends with them, I think it's my absoluty favorite calling so far! :^) So, welcome to the world of teaching YW! You'll love it! Some people find it challanging teaching all three groups, but, to be honest, I've never felt that as an issue. I hope you feel the same. Pray for guideance and it'll come.
Anyway...YES! Any lessons/ideas that I post on my blog are also posted on Sugardoodle.net! You are welcome to use any of them! :^) And if you ever have any troubles opening files, etc., let me know and I'll do my best to fix it and also get it fixed through Sugardoodle.net as well!
Again, welcome and happy blogging! It becomes very addicting! :^)
Jessica
Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. I found your handouts on Sugardoodle and will be using them tomorrow for my YW. It's so nice of you to share your creativity and talent with those of us out here in cyberspace. Thanks again!
I love blogging for serval reasons and now I have one more to add to my list since I found your link on sugardoodle. Your handouts are great, I can't wait to show the girls in my glass tomorrow! Thanks!
Jess-I love your posts! I check your blog everyday. Can I link your blog in mine?
Your handouts were awesome! Thank you so much for posting them. I also found them on sugardoodle. The girls and the teachers all loved them, which was nice since it was my very first Sunday to be in YW. I can't wait to see all of your other great ideas, you are very talented.
My YW Pres. sent me the SugarDoodle link for your handouts, they are great! What are you doing for lesson 27???
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas!
Hi. I just found your blog and I have to say I love it! Your YW ideas are right up my alley and so darn cute. Thanks for sharing... I love to see what cute things you come up with... super cute!
You are way too stinkin' creative!!
I love your blog and your ideas for Young Women...Thanks for sharing your talent!... I tried to print off your handout OOPS! for lesson 26 on sugardoodle.. but it just prints the top half of the handout..(it stops after- Like this Eraser)....What am I doing wrong?.. please email me .. at
hubbdixi@msn.com thanks Dixie :)
I love your stuff. Do you teach each week? Will you be putting stuff up often? :)
Your ideas are wonderful! Thanks so much for all your hard work and willingness to share with the rest of us! Big {{{hugs}}}!
Thank you so much for posting your lesson ideas on Sugardoodle. I love your handouts and ideas. They are wonderful.
LaReen (Laurel advisor in California)
Post a Comment